2020 Valley Cup Representative
Valley Cup Representative 2020
The Valley Soccer Association (VSA) is the third largest soccer association in Saskatchewan with a membership of over 2200. The Valley Cup (VC) is a series of annual tournaments and jamborees which are sanctioned by VSA and held in collaboration with member organizations as hosts. The purpose of the VC is to give all players registered in each age category an opportunity to participate in a fun team event. The Valley Cup Representative is a contract position that will provide support to the Valley Cup Tournaments & Jamborees in the U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, & U18 age divisions. This person will work in collaboration with the host town associations and the VSA Member Services Admin Assistant and is responsible for overseeing the competitions. The incumbent will be proactive and professional in all dealings with our associations and members while fulfilling the VSA’s mission and values. This position is fully accountable to the board of directors who will provide guidance through written policies and procedures. Compliance of policies and procedures must be maintained and followed at all times.
This position is considered seasonal and is paid at a flat rate for the length of the contract. The flat rate compensation takes into account estimated hours and mileage. The contract will be from March 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020 with an estimated average of 45-50 hours per month, with the majority of hours taking place mid-May to mid-June. As a contract position the successful applicant will be solely responsible for ensuring appropriate tax remittances are made. Additional reasonable expenses will be reimbursed with the exception of extra ordinary expenses approved by the board prior.
Skills & Experiences
- Prior experience in event management an asset
- Familiar with the FIFA Laws of the Game
- An unwavering positive attitude and customer service skills
- The ability to receive complaints and constructive criticism in a professional manner
- Possess effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize key tasks
- Willingness to take initiative and be a self-motivator
- Strongly developed oral and written communication skills
- An advocate and supporter of community sport programming
- A keen willingness to learn new tasks and to be flexible and adaptable
- Must be able to work in collaboration with a board, staff members and other stakeholders
- The ability to make decisions under pressure
- Respect in Sport Certificate required. Can be obtained at beginning of position, if needed.
Specific responsibilities of the Representative include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with each host town association to support the planning and preparation of events
- Prepare and distribute event documentation, team packages and/or event binders
- Serve as the chair of the event grievance committee (if required)
- Work closely with the Supervisor of Officials to ensure referee scheduling is complete and consistent standards are met
- Work closely with the VSA Member Services Admin Assistant on areas such as advertising, scheduling and registration
- Attend each event to oversee operations (event weekends are scheduled from mid-May to mid-June) and to serve as a VSA official representative
- Convene and chair pre-competition meetings and inspect all venues and playing fields for adequate conditions
- Make decisions on any matters not covered in the VC policy
- Ensure all necessary supplies and/or equipment arrive at the host venues
- Keep records for VSA awards and ensure all awards and medals arrive at the host venue and are presented at each event
- Submit game/event results and photos to the VSA office within 24 hours of each event
- Document any reported incidents on proper forms and report to the VSA
- Submit discipline reports to VSA office within 24 hours of the end of each competition
- Submit a completed written summary, together with the VSA copy of the game sheets and any report forms, to the VSA office at the completion of each event
- Approve all documents, including expense forms and submit to the VSA office no later than 14 days after each event
- Attend VSA board meetings to provide ongoing updates on event progress
- Track all event expenses and present a final report to the VSA office no later than 14 days after each competition
- Any other event duties as assigned
For info about Valley Soccer please visit our website at www.valleysoccer.ca.
For more specific details regarding the Valley Cup and our policies please visit the link below:
Please forward your resume to VSAinfo@valleysoccer.ca by January 1, 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.